Nearly every day there are reports of new data breaches, vulnerabilities on devices and applications, illicit activities, and cyber attacks targeting private users, industry, and government agencies. The sources of cyber criminal activities come from all over the world from individuals, hacktivists, criminal groups, and nation-state actors. As such, the demand for well-trained cybersecurity intelligence professionals who can identify these and other cyber threat actors is very high.
The National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) is proud to announce an introductory training course designed specifically for researchers and intelligence professionals. The course is based on the current cyber threat landscape as seen on both the clear net and dark web. This course will provide attendees with a basic understanding of cyber threats, who the threat actors are, how they operate, how to conduct basic online investigations, and how to become operational across both the clear net and dark web.
This training will be hands-on, with attendees working directly with NCFTA personnel. Attendees will become familiar with a variety of open source tools and how to leverage those tools to assess and profile international threat actors. There are no pre-requisites for this training.
Upon completion of this 3-day course, attendees will:
- Understand the Ongoing Cyber Threat
- Understand the TOR network, how it works, and how to access it
- Find and navigate the dark web using the TOR network to locate markets and forums
- Conduct online research to identify vendors and threat actors
- Create a target profile report through the use of various research techniques/tools
- Create and maintain research accounts, employ basic encryption techniques, in order to communicate with vendors/participants on markets and forums
- Understand how to create a bitcoin wallet, purchase bitcoins/other crypto currencies, and make purchases using crypto currencies
For any questions regarding this or other training opportunities, please email us at: email@example.com