*Discounted rate for Government, NCFTA Partners & conference attendees – inquire before registering: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 2 day course
* All course materials will be provided
* May count toward CPE credits (check with your accreditation department)
* Certificate of completion will be provided upon fulfillment of training requirements
NCFTA is offering a cyber training opportunity in Charlotte, NC coordinating with the Healthcare CyberGard conference. This two-day course is on October 23-24, 2018; the healthcare conference follows on October 25-26th (link below).
Register early as space is limited!
Beginner Course Description (two-day course)
The National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) offers training courses on the current cyber-threat landscape to law enforcement, industry, and academia. This training course combines lectures and hands-on work with NCFTA personnel and other subject matter experts.
This immersive course is based on the current cyber criminal threat landscape as seen on both the clear net and dark web, and will provide attendees with a basic understanding of cyber threats, who the threat actors are, how they operate, how to conduct basic online investigations, how to interact online without compromising yourself, and how to become operational across both the clear net and dark web. This training will be hands-on, with attendees working directly with NCFTA personnel. Attendees will become familiar with a variety of open source tools and how to leverage those tools to assess and profile international threat actors. There are no prerequisites for this training.
* Understand the ongoing cyber threat
* Review NCFTA process for building a machine for conducting online research
* Understand the TOR network, how it works, and how to access it; also, familiarize students with I2P and Freenode
* Find and navigate the ‘dark web’ forums/marketplaces using the TOR network
* Conduct online research to identify threats to your organization
* Create a target profile report through the use of various research techniques/tools
* Learn fundamentals in interacting online through NCFTA-guided hands-on exercises
* Create and maintain research accounts, employ basic encryption techniques in order to communicate online
* Understand how to create a bitcoin wallet, purchase bitcoins/other crypto currencies, and make purchases using crypto currencies
* Develop intelligence reporting based on information gathered
Discounts offered to NCFTA paying partners, conference attendees, government and law enforcement. Please contact email@example.com if you are entitled to a discounted rate.